“I’ll Have What She’s Having” Testimonials
Think of a customer you believe you connected with in a positive way. You made a difference. Would this customer be more than happy to provide feedback for a Testimonial?
Did they recently purchase a service or product which you would like additional sales? Great. Write down at least three customers’ names and what they purchased.
Ask ONE Clear and Specific Question To Help Your Customer Focus
- What was one of the most important benefits you realized from “working with me” or “from attending my training” or “purchasing product XYZ”?
- How is your life better today because you “worked with me” or “attended my ABC training” or “purchased the ABC”?
- What would you say to someone considering doing business with me, and they needed one more piece of information to say yes?
- What problem, specifically, were you wanting to solve and how did we do that for you?
- How has our services, or our product, helped you in your business?
CALL and Explain you’re building your business and would appreciate their help. Ask for a Website Testimonial
They may say, “What should I say?” You’re ready to respond:
I suggest being brief and honest. I only need 2 – 3 sentences if you write it and no more than 30 seconds if you use video.
If it helps, maybe “ask them the question you picked from Step One above”.
Briefly talk from your heart about what this would mean to you, and you’d like to help them too. How can I do that?
Ask them two more questions. May I use your first and/or last name? Title and/or the name of your business?
Now listen. When they say YES, thank them. And ask, “When do you think you could have that to me?” “Just send it to me via email and if it’s a video, attach it to the email.”
FOLLOW UP with a Thank You email
If this Testimonial is strong and from one of your top 20 customers, I would include a special discount or small gift relating to their business.
Edit & Handoff to your Web Person
Determine where on your website you want to place the Testimonial. Your Home Page or About You Page? The page related to the services or product the Testimonial relates to?